As the appointed legal representative of my organization, I hereby certify that the following film print will be borrowed from the American Genre Film Archive (AGFA) under the following conditions:
1. AGFA has no obligation to the borrower until the contract is signed and processing fee paid in full.
2. Film will be shipped both from and to AGFA via Federal Express 3-day Express Saver with insurance coverage valued at $3000 per film; all shipping and insurance costs will be the responsibility of the borrower.
3. Film will be returned to AGFA in the exact shipping container in which it was sent.
4. Film will be returned to AGFA no later than five business days from the screening date.
5. Film will be returned to AGFA in the condition in which it arrived; The borrower is responsible for inspecting prints after delivery and notifying AGFA of any damage discovered before projection. Otherwise, condition will be based on the observations of AGFA personnel upon its departure from AGFA facilities and borrower will be billed for any damages discovered upon examination upon return to AGFA at stated insured value.
6. Film will be screened unspliced on a reel-to-reel (or changeover) projector, not on platter system, unless specific permission is granted herein.
7. NO SCREENING RIGHTS ARE GIVEN OR IMPLIED WITH THIS TRANSACTION. This arrangement covers the physical materials only. Any and all liabilities for screening rights are the responsibility of the borrower. The print shall NEVER be given up to any entity other than AGFA under any circumstances or legal intimidation.
8. There is no agreement without a signed contract; AGFA is not liable for promotional errors.
9. Unless otherwise noted, AGFA should be verbally acknowledged at all screenings and credited in all printed/web-based promotional material. For our records and database, copies of promotional materials crediting AGFA should be submitted alongside the returned film. We suggest the following phrasing for all print and web publicity: “Print provided courtesy of the American Genre Film Archive (www.americangenrefilm.com).”
10. The undersigned is AGFA’s primary contact at the borrowing organization.
Signed: _______________________________ Signed: ________________________________
Printed: ______________________________ Printed: _______________________________
For:________ _________________________ For: American Genre Film Archive
Date: ________________________________ Date: __________________________________
Projectionist signature: ______________________________________________________________
Produced date/Country: _____________________________________________________________
Directed by: ______________________________________________________________________
If not English, Language/Subtitled:_____________________________________________________
Screening date(s)/time(s): ___________________________________________________________
Screening location: _________________________________________________________________
To leave AGFA on date: _____________________________________________________________
To return to AGFA on date: __________________________________________________________
Insured value: ____________________________________________________________________
Processing fee, to be paid with contract submission: ______________________________________
Fee will be paid via PayPal or check.
Borrower Fed Ex Account number: ____________________________________________________
Borrower shipping address: __________________________________________________________
Address 2: _______________________________________________________________________
City, State, Zip/Postal code: __________________________________________________________
Contact phone: ___________________________________________________________________
Contact cell phone: ________________________________________________________________
Contact fax: ______________________________________________________________________
Contact email: ____________________________________________________________________