Two roughie shockers from David F. Friedman!
Everything they touch is stained! THE DEFILERS are Carl (future filmmaker Byron Mabe) and Jameison (Jerome Eden), a pair of sadistic beatniks who spice up their boring lives by imprisoning an innocent young woman (the “mouth-watering 20-year-old Scandinavian screen find” Mai Jansson) in the basement of an abandoned building. A quintessential "roughie," THE DEFILERS is a stylishly squirm-inducing shocker from exploitation film legends David F. Friedman (SHE-FREAK) and R. Lee Frost (HOUSE ON BARE MOUNTAIN).
She turned men on, turned them off, and turned them inside out . . . she’s A SMELL OF HONEY, A SWALLOW OF BRINE! Stacey Walker (THE NOTORIOUS DAUGHTER OF FANNY HILL) stars as Sharon Winters, the ultimate tease who gets her kicks by picking guys up and then screaming for help. As she leaves a trail of broken men in her wake, will she ever meet her match? Written and produced by David F. Friedman and directed by THE DEFILERS star Byron Mabe, this is, as Friedman's original ad campaign proclaimed, "an adult experience!"
• THE DEFILERS: Restored from the 35mm dupe camera negative
• Archival commentary with Something Weird founder Mike Vraney & David F. Friedman
• A SMELL OF HONEY, A SWALLOW OF BRINE: Preserved from one of the only known 35mm prints in existence
• Archival commentary with Mike Vraney, filmmaker Frank Henenlotter, & David F. Friedman
• Short: BUT CHARLIE I NEVERPLAYED VOLLEYBALL
• David F. Friedman trailers
• Photo galleries
• Booklet with writing by Something Weird’s Lisa Petrucci