This is the only horror movie in history that was made explicitly to catch a serial killer. Directed by Tom Hanson, who had previously owned a chain of Pizza Man restaurants, THE ZODIAC KILLER reimagines the crimes of the then-active Zodiac Killer in hopes of luring the madman out of hiding. That plan didn’t work. Instead, we got the most outrageous and compelling "tabloid horror" vortex on the planet. And beyond. During theatrical screenings, Hanson constructed in-theater traps to catch the killer. These included the use of an ice cream freezer filled with rent-a-cops and a raffle with a motorcycle as a prize. You won’t get insight like this by watching David Fincher's ZODIAC. But you will get it while watching THE ZODIAC KILLER.
- Preserved from one of the only known 35mm prints in existence
- Interview with director Tom Hanson and actor Manny Nedwick
- Commentary with Tom Hanson, Manny Nedwick, and the AGFA team
- Booklet with writing by Chris Poggiali of TEMPLE OF SCHLOCK• Tabloid-horror trailers from the AGFA archive
- Bonus movie: ANOTHER SON OF SAM (1977, 72 mins),preserved from a 35mm print